10 Jan 2018
04 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
28 Jun 2017
10 May 2017
15 Dec 2016
01 Dec 2016
15 Nov 2016
20 Jul 2016
31 May 2016
25 Apr 2016
07 Apr 2016
10 Feb 2016
01 Jul 2015
24 Jun 2015
25 Aug 2014
22 Aug 2014
17 Jun 2014
01 Nov 2013
02 Apr 2013
01 Sep 2008
JRM Construction Announces New Core and Shell Division
December 15, 2017
JRM CONSTRUCTION ANNOUNCES NEW CORE AND SHELL DIVISION
10-Year Anniversary Brings New Department to JRM, Led by Industry Veteran Kevin Griffin
NEW YORK – December 15, 2017 – JRM Construction Management has launched a Core and Shell division to complete new construction assignments for property developers and existing clients. The new Core and Shell division builds on a decade of specialized interior construction for some of the largest corporations, retailers and institutions in the Unites States. Through the new division, JRM will collaborate with owners and developers in repositioning buildings and providing services such as major renovations and new construction.
Comprehensive New Construction Services
Since launching the division, we have started work on several notable Core and Shell projects, including a multi-million dollar renovation and new structure for the Chapin School in Manhattan and with Tishman Speyer on a major $180M renovation and new building comprising more than 600,000 square feet and 300 feet in height at Macy’s site at 422 Fulton Street in Downtown Brooklyn.
JRM’s portfolio of Core and Shell projects includes:
- $25M Construction of three buildings with limestone and marble trim, and replacement of steel framework in the pre-existing 46,400 SF building for Friedland Properties
- $25M Full demolition, exterior refurbishing, roof demolition and interior fit-out for the God’s Love We Deliver 48,000 SF commercial space with new piles, grade beams, windows, block and brick exterior and upgraded HVAC and MEPs throughout
- $75M Lobby Renovation, building infrastructure upgrades, installation of efficient HVAC systems, newly developed 4,000 SF penthouse sky garden, elevator cabs, mechanical systems and new floor plates ranging from 27,000 to 40,000 SF for Orda Property Management
- $35M Structural and interior renovations for the 122,000 SF Porsche Showroom including extensive excavation, underpinning and shoring of existing structure which allowed for an entirely new building envelope
- $93M Redevelopment of building bases and core areas for 1,200,000 SF RFR Dumbo, consisting of five separate buildings all interconnected with sky bridges at the fifth and sixth floor levels, and requiring the installation of new infrastructure, heating and cooling plants for each property, reinforced electrical systems, new core spaces with MEPS systems, new elevator requirements and base building lavatories, and a new roof installation and Class “E” system.
Innovative Industry Veteran Leads New Division
The Core and Shell Division is led by Kevin Griffin, who brings over 18 years of professional experience in the construction industry and a background in traditional Core and Shell to JRM. In his role as Director of Core and Shell, Griffin ensures that all contract administration, cost control, schedule development, site supervision and management needs are met to certify a successful and timely project closeout. Griffin is supported by a dedicated senior management team of Core and Shell colleagues.
“Our expansion into Core and Shell was based on demand from our long-standing clients who were interested in retaining us for large-scale renovations and ground-up construction projects,” said Griffin. “There was also a desire to diversify our core services to include an even wider array of projects.”
About JRM Construction ManagementJRM Construction Management, LLC, headquartered in New York City provides, construction management and general contracting services to a respected client-base across the United States. Founded on the principles of trust, integrity and respect, JRM delivers the highest quality products and services to clients that includes Fortune 500 corporations, major law firms, leading luxury retailers, financial services firms, and owners and developers. For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.jrmcm.com.